About

The Mann Center

The Mann Center for the Performing Arts was founded in 1935 under the name Robin Hood Dell Concerts, as the summer venue for the concert presentations of the world famous Philadelphia Orchestra. The Center moved into its present outdoor facility in 1976, and subsequently was designated the Mann Music Center. In 1978, the facility was renamed "Mann Center for the Performing Arts" in honor of Frederic R. Mann, a Philadelphia businessman who supported the cause of summer musical performances in Fairmount Park as well as to reflect the Center’s plans to broaden its role in service to the overall community and the region’s other performing arts organizations